John’s diverse business background allows him to understand the nuanced problems facing employers today and to provide practical advice to clients. When litigation is the only option, his clients reap the benefits of his meticulous attention to detail, polished written advocacy, and persuasive communication style. John’s practice covers a broad spectrum of wage and hour and traditional labor and employment laws.
- How Are Employers’ Obligations to Post Labor Law Notices Affected by Remote Work? The DOL Says that Transparency and Accessibility are Key
- OSHA’s Continued Efforts to Protect Workers from COVID-19: Expect More Site Inspections
- One New Year’s Resolution Not Forgotten: OSHA Issues Revised COVID-19 Guidance
- Recent DOL Guidance Clarifies When Travel Time is Compensable
- Handled all aspects of employment litigation, including fact investigation, discovery, and motion practice.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of age, disability, and sex discrimination case in Texas state court.
- Successfully represented oilfield services company through settlement of FLSA collective action claims.
- Obtained dismissal of interlocutory appeal of non-final judgment in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented international infrastructure construction client against various EEOC and state agency administrative charges.
- Conducted Form I-9 audits for various clients and counseled on how to minimize audit risk.