John’s diverse business background allows him to understand the nuanced problems facing employers today and to provide practical advice to clients. When litigation is the only option, his clients reap the benefits of his meticulous attention to detail, polished written advocacy, and persuasive communication style. John’s practice covers a broad spectrum of wage and hour and traditional labor and employment laws.
- When Do Bonuses Have to Be Included in Non-Exempt Employees’ Regular Rate of Pay When Calculating Overtime? Some Recent Developments Shed Light
- Now Everything’s Settled—Or Is It? Practical Tips for Creating Binding Settlements in Federal Cases
- Employers May Now Offer Bonuses and Other Supplemental Pay Under the Fluctuating Workweek Method of Calculating Overtime Pay
- As States Begin to Reopen, Employers Must Continue to Minimize Safety Risks
- Handled all aspects of employment litigation, including fact investigation, discovery, and motion practice.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of age, disability, and sex discrimination case in Texas state court.
- Successfully represented oilfield services company through settlement of FLSA collective action claims.
- Obtained dismissal of interlocutory appeal of non-final judgment in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented international infrastructure construction client against various EEOC and state agency administrative charges.
- Conducted Form I-9 audits for various clients and counseled on how to minimize audit risk.