John’s diverse business background allows him to understand the nuanced problems facing employers today and to provide practical advice to clients. When litigation is the only option, his clients reap the benefits of his meticulous attention to detail, polished written advocacy, and persuasive communication style. John’s practice covers a broad spectrum of wage and hour and traditional labor and employment laws.
- Shining the Light on Ambiguous Arbitration Agreements
- Pay Disparities and Form EEO-1: What to Report for 2018?
- The Return of Entrepreneurial Opportunity as a Hallmark of Independent Contractors
- Student Loans and 401(k)s: IRS Private Letter Ruling Opens the Door to a New Recruitment Strategy for Employers
- Handled all aspects of employment litigation, including fact investigation, discovery, and motion practice.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of age, disability, and sex discrimination case in Texas state court.
- Successfully represented oilfield services company through settlement of FLSA collective action claims.
- Obtained dismissal of interlocutory appeal of non-final judgment in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented international infrastructure construction client against various EEOC and state agency administrative charges.
- Conducted Form I-9 audits for various clients and counseled on how to minimize audit risk.