One of the founding partners of the firm, Mike is a go-to lawyer for challenging employment litigation and counseling matters. In his over 21 years of practice, Mike has successfully litigated hundreds of matters for clients involving nearly every type of employment law claim brought by employees or government agencies. In counseling and compliance matters, he is sought out by clients for his deep knowledge of the substantive law and his practical, solutions-oriented advice honed by experience.
- Reversals Continue at Trump NLRB with Decision Giving Employers More Leeway to Enforce Investigation Confidentiality
- Even Under the Trump NLRB, Employers Still Cannot Preclude Non-Supervisory Employees from Discussing Their Pay
- The Four Most Common Errors When Tracking Employee Work Time and What to Do About Them
- Is Your Company Vulnerable to the New Wave of Sex Discrimination Class Actions?
- Regularly represents employers in federal courts, state courts, and arbitration in defending claims of employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, harassment, breach of contract, and a wide variety of other employment claims
- Regularly defends employers in complex, multi-plaintiff wage-and-hour litigation under the FLSA and state laws
- Litigates unfair competition and trade secrets misappropriation matters for companies as plaintiffs and defendants
Government Investigations and Litigation
- Department of Labor: Represented large employer in DOL wage-and-hour investigation into exemption status of a class of employees and obtained favorable result
- OSHA: Represents employers in OSHA inspections and subsequent OSHA litigation. Part of team that successfully defended cases at trial involving alleged violations of fall protection, PPE, and recordkeeping standards
- OFCCP: Represented federal contractor in OFCCP sex discrimination investigation and obtained finding of no violation
- ICE: Represented employer in ICE civil penalty proceedings and obtained favorable settlement of claims
- Drafts wage-and-hour compliance policies for many large employers
- Advises companies on the investigation of harassment claims and subsequent remedial action
- Works with clients on complex employment law problems involving background checks, drug/alcohol testing, medical leave, accommodation of disabilities, whistleblowing, and other issues