Mariah Berry counsels employers on their obligations under the federal and state labor and employment laws, and litigates all types of employment-related matters for the firm’s clients. Before joining MMD, Mariah practiced at a well-established trial firm. This experience has equipped Mariah with the foresight to advise clients on strategic impact and likely consequences of their business operation and employment decisions.
- EEOC Requests for Documents and Subpoenas: How Much is Too Much to Turn Over?
- 2020 Brings Expansions of Religious Beliefs and Moral Convictions Exemptions Available to Employers
- Before Implementing a Layoff, Consider an Unemployment Workshare Program
- Understand the WARN Act’s Oft-Misunderstood “Unforeseeable Business Circumstance” Defense and its Potential Applicability to Your Layoffs
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with pro bono honors
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan, Italy
- Intensive study in International Law and Business Formation
- The University of Houston, B.A. magna cum laude with University Honors in Political Science, Honors Minor in Phronesis
- Policy Analyst for Texas State Representative Gene Wu
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Lee Yeakel, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State of Texas
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association