Dorian (Dory) counsels and represents employers in all aspects of the employment relationship. Dory’s clients value her attention to detail, responsiveness and understanding of the employment laws. Her experience includes matters involving wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour issues. She also focuses her practice on counseling and assisting employers with drafting employee handbooks and employer policies.
- Workplace Rumors that a Female Employee “Slept With” a Male Supervisor to Obtain a Promotion Can Lead to a Sex Discrimination Claim
- When the Government Shuts Down, So Does E-Verify
- Jury in the Southern District of Texas Finds that Mud Engineers are Exempt from Overtime under the FLSA
- Do Employees Have to Return Severance Pay Before Filing Suit Under Title VII and the EPA?
- Obtained summary judgment on discrimination and retaliation claims asserted in state and federal courts
- Successfully resolved and obtained dismissal of numerous charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other state agencies
- Conducted numerous investigations in response to employee complaints received by clients, including sensitive claims of discrimination, harassment, and other workplace misconduct
- Works with employers to draft employee handbooks
- Advises employers on drafting employer policies and procedures
- Advises clients on employment-related issues, including the hiring, retention, firing and wages of employees
- Successfully compelled employment-related lawsuits to arbitration in federal and state courts