Employers seek Corey out for his responsiveness, sound judgment, and deep understanding of the employment laws. His clients value his superb communication and advocacy skills and his practical, business-minded approach to tough employment-related problems. He focuses his practice on traditional employment, wage and hour, and unfair competition disputes and counseling, especially for clients in the energy industry.
Corey is Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has consistently been recognized as a Texas “Rising Star” in defending employers in employment-related disputes.
- Practical Advice for Employers Responding to COVID-19 Contact Tracers
- Zoom May Be Here to Stay, but Are You Ready to Produce the Recordings in Discovery?
- DOL Clarifies That the FFCRA Does Not Restrict Employers from Laying Off, Furloughing Employees
- Is There Litigation Risk Lurking in Your Layoff? OWBPA Reminders for Softening Markets
- A Primer on Legal Protections for LGBT Employees: Past, Present, and Future (Part 3)
- A Primer on Legal Protections for LGBT Employees: Past, Present, and Future (Part 2)
- Second-chaired Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation trial for international energy services client
- Obtained summary judgment on sex, race, disability, and retaliation claims asserted in state and federal courts
- Obtained rare denial of conditional certification in FLSA collective action for energy services firm
- Defended and prosecuted dozens of breach of contract claims arising from confidentiality, non-compete, and non-solicit agreements in state and federal courts
- Successfully handled administrative investigation and obtained dismissal of numerous whistleblower complaints filed with OSHA
- Successfully managed DOL Wage & Hour Division investigations and audits, including for international oilfield services client and international infrastructure construction client
- Successfully obtained writ of mandamus ordering state district court to reverse decision denying international energy services client’s motion to compel arbitration
- Successfully obtained writ of mandamus ordering state district court judge to modify order on oilfield services client’s motion to compel discovery
- Successfully compelled dozens of employment-related lawsuits to arbitration in federal and state courts
- Frequently design and conduct employee trainings on discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment
- Advise clients daily on thorny employment-related issues, including high-risk terminations, reductions in force, and wage-and-hour-related issues
- Conducted dozens of investigations in response to employee complaints received by clients, including sensitive claims of harassment and sexual assault